The first time I ordered pumpkin soup was at a Thai Restaurant. A slight smile grew on my face from the first spoonful! My first thoughts were, ” amazingly delicious!” It was the coconut milk that embraced the pumpkin flavour so beautifully. I encourage you make pumpkin soup this FALL KETO recipe of 270 Calories per serving.
Pumpkin Soup Recipe
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic grated /pressed
3 pounds cooking pumpkin -peeled and chopped
1 lemongrass stalk finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
2 tbsp. RED CURRY PASTE (recipe below)
4 cups vegetable stock
13.5 oz coconut milk
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat Add the onions. Cook until the onion becomes translucent. Chop Garlic and let it sit for 7 minutes before adding to the saucepan.
2. Add ginger, curry paste and lemongrass. Cook until the stalk becomes soft before adding the pumpkin.
3. Toss the pumpkin in the oil and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the vegetable stock, garlic and bring to a boil before reducing the heat to low. Cook for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
5. Use an immersion stick to blend the soup until smooth, while adding the coconut milk.
Calories: 272 kcal Cuisine: vegetarian
RED CURRY PASTE ~ Home Made
Thai Red curry paste is a classic twist to the regular Pumpkin Soup. A perfect dish to welcome winter with open arms:- See recipe below
Thai Red Curry Paste Recipe
- 3/4 Onion, chopped
- 1 Lemongrass
- 10 Fresh Red chillies , soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 4 cloves Garlic , roughly chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , or galangal, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon White pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Salt , to taste
Blend all ingredients together and refrigerate for up to 3 months
- Share With your friends and follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simplysplendidfood
- Try my Pumpkin Risotto –>https://simplysplendidfood.com/2015/10/09/thanksgiving-pumpkin-risotto/
Coming In OCTOBER: An Italian pasta dish from Tuscany, you probably never had before! ? Plus secrets from the Patak family!