Thank you to Stephen over at TillsVisaLaw for the nomination.
I was truly surprised and thrilled that someone took the time to nominate me for this award! In our community of bloggers, I am always amazed and humbled that even one person takes the time to read what I type. To be nominated for such makes me smile! The award comes with a few guidelines and in the true spirit of the creative ‘ blog’ award ‘‘sharing is a good thing …and pass the blessing on to others.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Nominate some bloggers in return and notify them about their nomination.
4. Notify bloggers that you included.
5. Keep the rules in your post to make it easy for everyone to know what to do.
FIVE FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
1. True Foodie: I am part of the ‘Foodie’ circle of trust. You don’t have to eat at expensive restaurants to be a ‘true’ foodie. It just happens. My revelation was when I was 3 years old. It was Christmas time. Our family arrived for the festivities at the grandparents house. The table was set with white tablecloth, polished silverware and fine china gleaming below the sparkling chandelier. I remember the white cake at the end of the meal. Moist with creamy whipped icing, as light as a feather. Every mouthful was celestial. I will always remember that divine cake for the rest of my life. So moist and tasty – I still cherish the thought. It was my first introduction to the “FOODIE” world. Note: My grand mother was a chef on an ocean liner.
2. Favorite Things: Reading in the still of the day/night with a cozy blanket and fluffy pillow. Sipping hot cocoa or soup on a chilly day. Watching a good movie that moves me; clever, joyful or a tearjerker. It’s all good! Movies based on a true story are extra good.
3.Reading And Writing About Food: I like to explore new recipes and examine the nutritional value of various foods. I embrace classic recipes that are so good. Learning great new ways of preparing ‘carrot’ fries is so innovative. They taste very good and you can say you are eating fries. Having fun with food is delicious too.
4. Born To Be Wild: I was born in Turku, Finland. One of the oldest cities that erupted from the Medieval Times. Turku was designated the European Capital of Culture for 2011. In 1996, it was declared the official Christmas City of Finland with its cobblestone streets, Aura River and seaport. It has it all. I am proud of my roots in Finland.
5. Joy in Life: The ‘Joy’ of Cooking! A catchy title, n’est pas. That about sums it up. I am still learning and searching. The joy in cooking…yes indeed. Making that unforgettable salad dressing that everyone asks about (coming soon) is a real gift! I am here to share my joys with you and read about your joys …in life and cooking!
CREATIVE BLOGGER NOMINATIONS
Conor’s pictures and presentations are a foodie bloggers dream. People steal his pictures for their publications. How rude! (But, the highest compliment!)
I like reading about the places traveled by this blogger and the great meals Karen shares with us along the way.
Pictures of nature are breathe taking. Cindy is not a one shot wonder. Her latest polar bears are 5 or 6 shot wonders as you watch them play.
I found this blog an started following it. I was so surprised how interesting the stories are – from real people – that share their own archives. I am corresponding with an American (armed forces) in Libya. It is another world.
Molly’s oven baked eggs – Hotel Eggs – recipe is very creative. Molly’s entire blog is so creative. Her latest grape BBQ sauce reminded me when I made oven “baked” wings. In a pinch, I brushed the wings with home made grape jelly – fabulous!
I like to see the season’s change and a photographer that does not show touristy pictures. Real life in the backyard is very good and their Tuxedo cat is cool too.
Very creative! This recipe (link) is about how to use yogurt or sour cream as it just passes the expiry date. Pretty good!
visited Zanzibar for their “spicy” beverages and local atmosphere. Here, live bands singing Queen songs on weekends (hometown hero Freddie Mercury, who was born in Zanzibar in 1946. )
celebrates life. I encourage you to watch Lisa on TEDx Talk. (this link) A powerful message with chocolate chip cookies.
Did you know Lima beans were toxic unless you soak them in water? How about adding quick oats to your meatball mix?
There are so many other blogs that are very creative. I search for the hidden gems where true foodies live. They may not have 4,000 followers, but, have a wealth of information. I am so lucky to find these gems and enrich my life.