I really appreciate your recognition of my Foody Blog for the One Lovely Blog Award. Big thanks to Jade Mihalica and Grubtastic for adding Simply Splendid Food to their Top Ten List. Please accept my sincere thanks. I want you to know that I appreciate it very much!
Here are 7 things that I’m sharing about myself (in no particular order) to fulfill my nomination requirement:
1. My birthplace is Turku, Finland. (oldest city in Finland ~former capital)
2. Cooking is my joy! I experience new cuisines that I re-create at home, adding my own spin.
3. A board member of classical music performance groups in Toronto, ON, Canada.
4. Friends have suggested I write a cookbook because they enjoy my culinary delights and all my food tips. Some chefs guard their methods and secrets. I am delighted to share gastronomical tips and my food adventures. My blog will be the basis of an e-book. Proceeds going to Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation.
5. While I am not blogging, I am a dental surgeon.
6. I spent decades sailing and skiing. I returned to skiing this year and will share my favorite ski-day (snow day) foods with you.
7. My philosophy in life is summed up in a quote from Audrey Hepburn, “Life is a party. Dress for it.” ‘Dressed up’ food is the highest compliment to you and your family and friends.
I need to select a few One Lovely Blog nominations of my own to fulfill the award requirements. It is hard to limit my favorite food blogs to only 10 selections. However, a good opportunity to share a few fantastic food blogs with you! These are not in any special order. They are all #1!