I was thrilled when Lebert contacted me for the “Sunshine Blogger Award”. So happy that you like my recipes and the “extra” “EXTRA” NEWS! Nothing gives me more joy. I treasure your appreciation. Thank you Lebert at –> weighted vest-and-weighted-shorts. (wordpress)
The Rules for the nominations-
1 Thank the blogger who nominated you and links back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 further questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Thank you Lebert for emailing me the questions . As follows:
- Why did you start blogging?
- How and why did you choose the name Simply Splendid Food?
- Do I need a legal statement on my blog and how do I write one?
- How do you get people to read your posts?
- What do you think about social networking?
- How did you get over 3,000 followers?
- Are you going to make an e-book of your recipes?
- How would people find your recipes, if they are not on social media?
- Do you blog strategically?
- What tools do you have to get people to sigh up to your blog?
- How much time do you devote to your blog?
- I chose WordPress for my blog after investigating a few blogging sites. Reuters is on WordPress. It was an easy format. Very Flexible and easy to understand!
- The name Simply Splendid Food relays how I feel about food. I like simple foods that taste great. I do not want to slave in the kitchen. I am a big fan of the freezer. I like making food that I can serve another day. That is ideal!
- You only need a legal statement once you start selling something and making money. “Money Back Guarantee” is a good one. It is not critical for foodies to add disclaimers, policies, and terms. To get a legal statement go to other foodie blogs and large companies to get advice.
- First, your blog must be something you are passionate about. Have a clear audience in mind. It will make it a lot easier to write for them. Additionally, make sure you’re collecting email addresses on your blog posts to keep your readers engaged with you. You can create relevant freebies. I share my post on facebook, twitter and pinterest. There are new social sites like TicToc that is getting great notice.
- Social sites are here to stay. Promote your posts/recipes on Pinterest, Facebook Groups, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and LinkedIn. Automation is your best friend – invest your time in social media schedulers to help you out. Use Tailwind to schedule your Pinterest and/or Instagram posts and use SmarterQueue to schedule the rest. Planoly is another great option for Instagram. NOTE: Some of these are gone. Google+ has dissolved. New social sites are coming all the time.
- A lot of my followers I got during COVID lockdown. If you want to become an influencer yourself, download this free 22-page book on: How To Become An Instagram Influencer. You can get more tips from the internet -Just ASK! Short videos are the biggest draw today. LinkedIn is very reputable as a place to grow.
- E-Books: This is a great option because you can give it as a freebie to your subscribers. Also, sell your e-book on Amazon. I have not decided how to share my recipe book -yet. I would probably sell it for an modest amount and donate the proceeds to my treasured charity –> Toronto Sick Kids Hospital.
- I believe in “Givers Gain”. You look for sites with great recipe and great post. Connect with others. The pacificparatrooper site I always read. It is not all about food. Also, try your best to get featured on sites like the Huff Post or other authoritative publications such as LadyBossBlogger to build your authority and online credibility. Contact with someone you like to build a connection and start a dialogue. You never know where it will take you!
- My recipes are seasonal. I have followers around the world. England, Australia, Finland and Eastern countries.
- To get people to ‘follow’ or sign up to your blog is really by chance. I have not used these methods but here goes–> https://ladybossblogger.com/5-ways-to-get-people-to-sign-up-for-your-email-list/
- Tools to get people to sign up to your blog: I would say I spend at least 1-2 hours a day, but if you have more time, devote as much time and as many resources to it as possible. The harder you work on it, the better you get in time!
SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
The People’s Choice ‘Sunshine’ Award – For Bloggers
The “SUNSHINE BLOGGER” is a Peer to Peer Nomination. A peer recognition of inspiring, creative and motivational work. Friends tell me ..oh, add ‘this recipe’ on your blog. Or – do you have any quinoa recipes that my son would like? Quinoa TACO. I am glad to get recognition for my contribution to the “FOODIE” world. Thank You Everyone! 🥂 Remember, this is a peer to peer award. No one else is involved -just other bloggers.
Hope you join in (spreading the sunshine) and give a nod to 11 of your favorite blogger people!
- I would like to nominate: https://styleyourdiet.com/blog/. A refreshing look at various nutritional needs. The author is a dietician and a very good writer!
- vegottawa.org You might guess, it is about vegan foods and other plant lovers
- Cookingwithoutalergens. This is a truly inspiring blog.
- MaryaReports: 12 Natural Hair Treatments You Can Do at Home Today is a great article. Full of healthy hair care. Something I have neglect..and will no longer.
- greentau.org is about saving out planet. Thoughts from Judith Russenberger
- Humble Soul https://humblesoullifeofajuicer.wordpress.com/ Life of a juicer. Interesting thoughts on KETO eating patterns and more.
- How Food Heals:- https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/134499357
- Magicandbeauty—>https://magicandbeauty.blog/ has a lot of great ideas. Very forward thinking.
- A Truth Seekers Journal is so well written you can easily identify your own angst. /https://truthseekersjournal.life/2022/09/19/on-comfort-zone/
- The Art of HOW TO https://artofhowto.com/ is motivating. Helping you get around the rough corners of life. I think we as a whole are more concerned about ourselves after this pandemic that kept us buttoned down for a little over 2 years. Need a bit of inspiration? Find out how to?
- I am a big fan of AmericaOnCoffee.blog –> AOL I really like their music selections. Right now they are featuring Bob Marley. Yes, they do have fantastic coffees from around the world. Many writers and many ideas. Put a little sunshine in your coffee please!