“Great Balls of Fire” 🔥 (Vegan, Paleo) – No Added Sugar
We all need an energy boost ♨️ Especially during the festive season. 🎄 ☃️ During the holidays, you will find me rolling and coating my favorite truffles for a healthy burst of energy! Great holiday gifts! 🎁
2 cups pistachios
I cup pitted dates (Medjool dates)
A pinch of pink or sea salt
4 Organic Limes, zest and juice of each lime.
1. Mix 1 1/2 cups of the pistachios, salt and the dates in food processor until it becomes a ball. About 3 minutes.
2. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pistachios for the coating.
3. While this is mixing, zest the limes and then juice them.
4. Chop or grind the remaining 1/2 cup pistachios into tiny bits to be used for coating.
5. Break up the pistachio-date ball and add zest and juice of all key limes. Process until well combined.
6. Shape pistachio/date mixture into 18 bite size balls and then roll in chopped pistachio.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month; ready for your guests and visitors. Store longer in your freezer.
- Dip 1/2 of the pistachio treat in sugar free ganache. (vegan dark chocolate)
- Substitute with different nuts and tangerines (instead of limes).
- Add a cherry, dried apricot, dried cranberries or anything you like inside your truffle.
You can add anything you like to your Holiday Truffles. Add chia seeds, hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, figs or chili powder. Apricots will brighten up your festive season! Add your favorite blends. Mix and match!